Landscape Design in Pinecrest
Why wait for your perfect landscape in Pinecrest when you can have a space designed for you today? At Premier Horticulture, we have years of experience in commercial and residential designs and we’re always happy to help a client.
Landscape Makeover vs. Design: Which Is Best for You?
What’s a landscape makeover? Essentially, you’re giving your landscaping job a facelift. A regular makeover shouldn’t be too invasive and might be able to use elements from your existing design. If you think a makeover is right for your outdoor space? Look over these questions:
- • Have you had landscaping work done before?
- • Are you interested in keeping some elements of your current design?
- • Are you looking for an upgrade instead of a complete overhaul?
Now, if you think a full landscape design is for you, consider the following:
- • Are you looking for a brand new design that suits your tastes?
- • Do you want to get rid of all or most of your existing design?
- • Does a complete overhaul sound like what you’re looking for?
After answering these six questions, you’ll probably have a good idea of what you’re looking for. If you don’t, Premier Horticulture is happy to help you.
What Type of Landscape Design Do You Need?
When we say “type of design,” we’re really asking you what kind of outdoor space you have. Which category does your space fall into?
- • Private or Personal Property: Residential landscaping is for private residences that aren’t intended for business use. The build codes and design limitations are unique for these spaces.
- • Commercial Property: With commercial or business areas, you may have to abide by certain requirements regarding accessibility and construction limitations. Additionally, the design must generally include a more expansive area.
Depending on your type of property, our professional team will draw up plans that will fit both your vision and your space.
Our Landscaping Design Checklist for Pinecrest
We have four main pillars for our landscaping design and they are:
- • Design Functionality: If you intend to drive vehicles through your outdoor space, we have to make sure there’s enough space. We also have to consider water drainage, erosion and similar areas. This will make sure you can use your space as you intended.
- • Sustainable Practices: Landscaping and sustainability go hand in hand. We can’t expect a palm tree to survive in Wisconsin and we also don’t want to use materials that cause pollution. We’ll tackle sustainability on both fronts.
- • Design Element Integration: Design elements should bring the best out of the space an each other. We’ll make sure your design feels cohesive to make your landscape more inviting and peaceful.
- • Artistry: Beauty is an essential part of any kind of design. We strive to make an area that is as gorgeous as it is functional.
Three Landscaping Mistakes to Avoid
By virtue of the fact that you are reading this page, it is clear to us that you are going to do the clever and mature thing and invest in our professional landscaping service. However, as you may well know, not everyone is as informed or as wise as you. If we at Premier Horticulture had a dollar for every time that we have had to retrieve a garden from the depths of despair because of some obvious landscaping mistakes, then we would surely be able retire to that dream home beach house by now. Sometimes, these errors of judgement are carried out but so-called professionals but more often than not, these mistakes are a result of a DIY job gone wrong.
At Premier Horticulture, we have seen some real horror shows since we first opened our doors, but some of the most common mistakes that we see time and time again are the ones that really grind our gears. To see more of these ‘repeat offenders’ that you really need to avoid, read on:
- Arranging Everything in a Single View: One of the biggest mistakes that many DIY landscaping enthusiasts make is to arrange all aspects of their lawn in one single view. This is a bad idea for a number of reasons. First of all, when you spread your plants and shrubbery out across your property, you create an illusion of space and intrigue. By contrast, by grouping everything in together you run the risk of leaving your garden or yard appear very one-dimensional. At Premier Horticulture, we always make sure to create divisions in your lawn with a small wall or fence. This helps add layers and contrast to an otherwise monochromatic exterior space.
- Failing to Make a Plan: It may sound like somewhat of a cliché, but the simple fact of the matter is that if you fail to prepare, then you are merely preparing to fail. At Premier Horticulture, we always go to great lengths to make sure that every landscape project we work on is well thought out and detailed enough to consider every possible eventuality. By doing so we are can guarantee that whatever obstacle we face will be easily navigated and overcome. We plan every aspect of our projects out on state-of-the art software and doing so means the optimal results for all our clients. If you are planning a landscaping project for your home or business without taking the same precautions, then you are on the road to nowhere!
- Forgetting the Furniture: One of the most common mistakes that we at Premier Horticulture encounter is when our clients plan their outdoor space but fail to take into account the furniture. This often results in furniture of different colors and styles being paired together and, as you can imagine, this does not end well! To avoid this landscaping catastrophe on your lawn, you need to contact us today and allow our experienced team to take care of everything in this respect.
Get in Touch for Your Landscaping Consultation
Are you ready to get started on your landscaping project? Give us a call today and we’ll gladly discuss what’s possible for your space. Once we understand what you want, we’ll get to work putting together the outdoor design you’ll enjoy for years.